Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia was born in 1849 in Kashni (India). His father Sardar Lehna Singh belonged to a respectable Sikh family. he server Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Sikh Ruler of the Punjab and was granted vast jaguars in recognition of his loyalty and his scholarly pursuits. Sardar Lehna Singh died in 1854. After Expiry of his father all assets were transfered to Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia. He got married to the daughter of Raja Sher Singh of Ambala. He was issueless. He was a great philanthropist & supported all goods causes. Three Trusts have been established on his Will. He expired on 9th September, 1898.
Technical & Computer Services:
- Upgradation of the Library software (i.e. Kitabdar)
- Microfilming of all the Newspapers and Old Magazines.
- Data feeding of the old books and available Periodicals in the Library.
- Digitalization (in progress).
Rules for Admission/Membership:
Projects (Under Process):
- Total Land Area: 5 Kanals, 3 Marlas, & 32Ft.(23207 Sq..Ft.)
- Old Block: 1 Kanal, 12 Marlas, & 183Ft.(7383.17 Sq..Ft.)
- Adjacent Block: 16 Marlas & 16Ft. (3616.25 Sq..Ft.) – 1981
- New Addition: 15 Marlas & 170Ft. (3544.66 Sq..Ft.) – 1974
- Total Covered Area: 3 Kanals, 4 Marlas & 144Ft. (14544 Sq..Ft.)
- Open Area: 1 Kanal, 18 Marlas, & 113 Ft.(8663 Sq..Ft.)
Approximately 1500-2000 number of books are added in this collection every year. The Library has following Sections:
- Newspaper Reading Section
- Hindi/Gurmukhi & Sanskrit Section
- Persion/Punjabi Section
- Children Section
- Textbook Section/Main Reading Hall
- Ladies Reading Room
- Reference Section
- General Section
- Photocopy Services
- Donation/Collection(s) Section
- Old Periodicals/Newspapers Section
- Oriental Section
- Accounts Section
- Internet/Audio Video Section
- Publications Section
- Manuscripts Section
- Arabic Section
- Old Books/Kh. Salah-ud-Din Section