*Baisakhi Festival 2021*
1. Prime Minister Imran Khan once again won the hearts of Indian Sikh community by allowing them to participate in Baisakhi Festival at Gurdwara Panja Sahib after the gap of one year.
2. On special request/efforts of Chairman ETPB, Govt of Pakistan granted special permission to Indian yatrees to attend Baisaki rituals at Hassanabdal. Hence, on 14 April 2021, Baisakhi festival was celebrated by Sikh community at Gurdwara Panja Sahib, Hassanabdal with complete Covid-19 protocol.
3. Speakers appreciated Pakistan efforts for Sikh. A Jatha of 818 Indian Sikh Yatrees also arrived Pakistan to participate in the Baisakhi festival. Indian Jatha of Sikh yatrees arrived Pakistan via JCP Wagha on 12 April 2021.
4. As per tradition, ETPB and PSGPC made all the arrangements for traveling, accommodation, langer, security and medical assistance to Sikh yatrees to make their stay comfortable. Yatrees are scheduled to visit different Gurdwaras during their stay from 12-22 April 2021, including one night stay at Kartarpur for the 1st time.
5. On 22 April 2021, they will depart for India via JCP Wahga after completion of their yatra.
*Pakistan Govt specially relaxed the Covid-19 restrictions for Sikh yatrees to send a message of Pakistan’s love and effection for their Sikh brethren across the world*